Thursday, July 19, 2012

Test Your Knowledge: myFeet Foot Health Quiz



Test your knowledge about feet! Take this ten question True/False quiz from the American Podiatric Medical Association. 

1.  Nearly a quarter of the bones in my body are in my feet
  • True
  • False
2. As long as my feet aren't throbbing in pain, I can pretty much ignore them
  • True
  • False
3. I generally take about 1,000 steps per day going from home to school and work
  • True
  • False
4. Its' cool to share shoes with my friends as long as we have the same style
  • True
  • False
5. It's okay to just paint over my toenails since they are yellow and gross
  • True
  • False
6. I should only wear my high heels for a few hours a day and avoid walking long distances
  • True
  • False
7. I hate that my feet sweat and smell so much but there is nothing to fix it
  • True
  • False
8.  I can plan to wear the same soccer cleats this season as I did last season they still work
  • True
  • False
9. My ankle feels weird after that last lap around the track, I should tell coach
  • True
  • False
10. My feet are an incredibly complex part of my body and my podiatrist knows them best
  • True
  • False


Answer Key 
  1. True - Nearly a quarter of the bones in your body are in your feet!
  2. False - You should care for your feet even if they aren't in pain or severe pain, they are the foundation of your body!
  3. False - You actually take around 8,000-10,000 steps a day!
  4. False - Sharing shoes is a great way to share fungus like Athlete's Foot or spread warts
  5. False - Painting fungal toenails can actually make them worse!
  6. True - Only wear high heels for a few hours a day and don't walk long distances
  7. False - Try powdering your feet and changing your socks during the day
  8. False - Shoes should be replaced every season because they wear down and won't provide your the support you need for playing your sport
  9. True - Tell your coach if something doesn't feel normal
  10. True - If you are having trouble with your feet, schedule an appointment with a podiatrist. Call us at 419-423-1888 or visit our website to schedule an appointment.

No comments: